Thursday, June 12, 2008

Holy Frijoles!

So here's my first restaurant review. Holy Frijoles is the best Tex-Mex place I've been to in Baltimore, MD so far. The decor is eclectic, somehow authentic in a surreal way if that even makes sense. The wait staff has been excellent the three times I have been there for lunch with my wife and youngest boy (4).

The food is excellent. For starters they bring out the chips and salsa, not the store bought stuff either. I have tasted their tacos, enchiladas, chicken and chorizo taquitos, chicken quesadilla, and my personal favorite so far the refried bean and steak burrito, not a single complaint about any of them. The portions are huge, and the prices are very reasonable.

There's a full service bar there, and they serve a couple Samuel Smith's beers including the Oatmeal Stout and Nut Brown Ale. According to one of the waiters the place is busy on Friday and Saturday nights.


Holy Frijoles is located at 908 w. 36th St., Baltimore, MD 21211

No comments: