Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome to the Cart Ride of DOOM!

This is the first post of many to come. Maybe... We'll see how it goes.

What is this "cart ride of doom" I speak of? Well, its a long story... Basically me and some friends used to get on this push cart which had front wheels that automatically wanted to turn forward. We would get on backwards and push off the wall, then it would turn itself forward and if we could keep our balance we would see how far down the hall we could go on one push. Well one day I decided one push wasn't enough. I pushed off the wall, got in a couple pushes with my foot off the floor, and jumped on just as the cart swung around at warp speed. I lost my footing and was violently thrown up in the air while the cart continued on it's merry way. I seemed to be in mid-air horizontally for minutes before I came crashing to the ground, flat on my back, head scraped against the chain link fence that made the walls of the hallway. Uncontrolable laughter ensued for the next twenty to thirty minutes. The event was comemmorated by me with a stick figure comic of the event titled "Bobo's Cart Ride of Doom", which was drawn when we realized that words alone could not do justice to the telling of the story, but the simple comic explained perfectly.

So I have adopted the term "cart ride of doom" as a sort of reminder that sometimes one push is quite enough. Or was it to enjoy the ride while it lasts? Or quit horseplaying before someone gets hurt... Meh, whatever.

No comments: